It was a hit!
For pesto sauce:
1 2/3 cups of basil, shredded
1/2 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp pine nuts
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated is best
2 Tbsp Romano cheese, freshly grated, is best
salt, to taste
For pasta dish:
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
12 oz of dried pasta
salt and pepper, to taste
basil, to garnish
Parmesan cheese, grated
COOK: 8-10 minutes
To make pesto:
1. Put the basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and a generous pinch of salt in a food processor.
2. Process the ingredients until smooth.
3. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and stir in the cheeses.
To make pasta dish:
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts, turning once, for 8-10 minutes. Cut into small pieces.
2. Add more oil to the skillet. Cook chopped onions for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, bring back to a boil, and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
4. Add the chicken, mushroom, onions and pesto, then season with pepper to taste.
5. Garnish with a sprig of warm basil and freshly grated cheese.