Quick and Easy BBQ
1 lb of meat (I have used pork tenderloins and ground turkey)
1 small onion, chopped
1 TBS olive oil
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
3 TBS cider vinegar
1 TBS packed brown sugar
1 tsp yellow mustard
PREP: 2 minutes max!
COOKING: 15 minutes
1. Use a large skillet to brown meat and onion in hot oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Drain fat and stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard.
3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Uncover and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the sauce reaches a consistency you like.
5. Spoon into rolls. You can even top it with coleslaw and a pickle to make a yummy sandwich.
1 head of organic cauliflower, trimmed and florets steamed
1/4 cup lowfat, plain yogurt
2-3 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
PREP: 10 minutes
COOKING: 20 minutes
SERVES: about 8 (or 4 if your family really likes it like mine!)
After you have steamed or boiled the trimmed cauliflower florets, drain and return to pan. Mash well and stir in the yogurt, cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Put into a baking dish, cover and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.