- G is for green.
We are still planning on planting some veggies in our garden plot this week. I have prepared the space, but needed away to keep my tots from running across it from our patio into the rest of our yard. I really wanted to create a homemade fence of some sort. I combed the internet for ideas and found nothing! So...I got creative....
My budget for this project was $0!!! My husband jokingly said last week, if you want a fence you are going to have to make it with sticks. After our big trip to California, we are on a needs-only budget, (not a wants budget) for the rest of the summer. So I got to thinking about sticks and how I could use them to create something practical but also pretty. I went around the yard collecting sticks. We have a ton along the perimeter of our yard from a fierce Nor'easter we got back in October, so this was easy to do. I placed them around the garden plot, and with the help of June Bug, strung twine around the sticks and finished it up with some leftover pieces of ribbon I had in my sewing basket. I am quite excited about how it came out!
For this activity you will need:
- sticks, cut into the appropriate length
1. Collect sticks from around your yard and cut/break them into the desired length.
2. Push sticks into the ground around the area you desire to fence about 3-4 inches apart.
3. Tie twine into a tight knot around the top part one of the sticks. String the twine around
the sticks tightly to keep the sticks in place. Repeat at the bottom of the sticks.
4. Weave ribbon in and out of your stick fence for an added finish.